Translogic Install, Round I

Started the install/fab for the auto shifter today. Lots of sitting around and scratching my head, just staring at parts and sipping coffee. Eventually something clicked and I took off like a rocket with a wild idea. I didn’t even sketch things out first this time.

I had to fabricate and braise up my own brackets, as well as make my own ball-bearing supported bellcrank, linkages, and spacers for the shift assembly. I think the only thing I didn’t make or design myself was the stock Honda shift arm that goes on the engine output shift shaft, and the Translogic unit itself.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.